- What is personal information
- What kind of personal information do we collect and when do we collect it
- Do I have to provide my personal information?
- What do we do with your personal information?
- Sharing your personal information
- Accessing and updating your personal information
- Information security – how do we secure your personal information?
- Transfer of your information overseas
- How to make a complaint
- How to contact us
We respect the privacy of every individual who deals with us. We take your right to privacy seriously and want you to feel comfortable when dealing with us.
In this policy, “we”, “our”, “us” or PZ Cussons” means PZ Cussons (Holdings) Pty Ltd, PZ Cussons Beauty Australia (Holdings) Pty Ltd and each of their subsidiaries.
What is personal information?
Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is:
- true or not; and
- recorded in a material form or not.
What kind of personal information do we collect and when do we collect it?
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- your contact information (including your name, email, telephone and address details)
- information regarding your personal or professional interests
- demographics such as your date of birth and gender
- photographic images (such as for a competition or social media promotion)
- experiences with our products
- credit information, trade references, credit references or reports from a third party
- bank account, credit card or other payment details
- transaction details relating to your use of our products or services
- membership numbers or other personal identifiers related to your access to or use of our products or services
- occupation and employment details including employment status and any previous work experience
- tax file number (TFN) / Australian Business Number (ABN)
- health and medical information (such as COVID-19 vaccination status)
- criminal background and financial information (including as collected in the context of pre-employment screening/checks)
- trade union / professional association membership
- other information derived from background checks, including previous address details
- emergency contact details
We may collect your personal information when you:
- sign up for our newsletter
- create an account with us
- use or buy our products or services
- provide us, or offer to provide us, with products or services
- register to use our site or sign up for updates from us
- set up an account with us or place an order
- enter a competition or promotion
- participate in a survey or market research
- contact us to ask a question, make a suggestion, report a problem or for any other reason
- use interactive services on our site (such as bulletin boards, forums and features that allow you to post reviews or other materials) or social media sites
- in credit account application forms and supply or purchase agreements
- apply for a job with us
- otherwise interact with us
We will also collect your personal information if we are otherwise required or authorised by law to do so.
You can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We will collect personal information directly from you whenever it is reasonably practicable to do so. We may, at times, also collect personal information from other parties such as:
- your nominated representatives (which may include your spouse, accountant, power of attorney, brokers and other professional advisors)
- third party social media services
- credit reporting and collection agencies
- unrelated third parties;
- publicly available sources of information.
Do I have to provide my personal information?
You are not required to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide any personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services, communicate with you or fulfil your request. It may also impact the quality of the services we provide to you.
What do we do with your personal information?
We will use your personal information for the purposes for which it is collected, for related purposes that you would expect or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information, products and services – we may use your personal information to provide you with our products and services, and to communicate with you about these topics, including providing you with information about PZ Cussons. This information may include your product selection, your name, your contact details, payment information and any further relevant information needed.
- Site Registration and Activity – we use information you give us to register you as a user of our site and administer your site accounts. If you have activated cookies – we use this information to remember you on our site and provide you with a better experience on our site, such as pre-populating fields with your preferences (this might include your location). We also use information about how you use your account and our site to improve our site and better under understand user behaviour on our site. We may also report statistical information about browsing activity to our advertisers.
- Communicate promotions, competitions, surveys and market research – we use contact details you have given us, along with any other information we have about previous products and services you have bought or used, to provide you with information about our products, promotions, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you. We will also communicate with you to request your input into surveys about how you use our products, and for market research purposes. This may include messages delivered through email, SMS, instant messaging and social media.
- Respond and process enquiries, suggestions and complaints – if you make an enquiry, suggestion or complaint, including through the ‘Contact Us’ page of our sites, we will use that information to provide you with an appropriate solution and to improve our products, services and communications. Please note information submitted through our sites will be sent to members of our team who need access to that information in order to respond to you. Sometimes we need to use the information to comply with our contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Legal and regulatory purposes – we may use personal information that we have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement) to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons – for example to detect or report fraudulent activity or to investigate, review and mitigate risks associated with, and inform you of, a data or other security breach involving your personal information.
- Business operations – we may use your personal information to manage our business operations, for business support purposes including maintenance, backup and audit, to process a job application submitted by you, or if required as part of a business sale, acquisition or merger.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- any PZ Cussons’ internal Group members, divisions, business units or departments
- our service providers where necessary to make our products and services available to you, such as suppliers of IT services.
- marketing agencies and social media platforms who may send targeted and automated messages to you in relation to our products and services.
- a new owner of our business or assets.
- credit reporting bodies
- law enforcement agencies, government regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law.
Find out more about our group at www.pzcussons.com.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You have the right to ask us for access to your personal information, and to correct your personal information. You can do this by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details shown in the ‘How to contact us’ section below. Further information on your rights is set out below:
- Right to access information we hold about you – At any point you can contact us to request access to a copy of the information we hold about you. You can make a request for access free of charge; however, we may charge you a reasonable fee if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
- Right to correct and update information we hold about you – If the personal information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
There may be a legal or administrative reason to deny access or correction of your information. If we refuse your request, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal where we are required by law to give those reasons.
Information security – how do we secure your personal information?
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that access is limited to authorised personnel, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and with appropriate security measures in place. To help accomplish this, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
In addition to these operational measures, we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
Transfer of your information overseas
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of Australia. It may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our third party suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Where we share your personal information overseas, we take reasonable steps to ensure that our third party suppliers collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy legislation, which may be achieved through appropriate contractual obligations.
Our third party suppliers may be located, and may store your personal information, in a number of countries from time to time, including the United Kingdom.
How to make a complaint
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
How to contact us
Phone: (03) 8545 2700
Email: [email protected]
Post: Privacy Officer
Address: Level 3, 510 Church Street, Cremorne, Victoria 3121